It is said that a Guitar is more than just a sound box but a part of your soul. So in this article, I will tell you about 10 best guitars for beginners in India. So let us little talk about guitars.
What is a Guitar?
The guitar is a plucked stringed musical instrument that was first originated in Spain. It is the most widely played instrument in the world. It generally consists of six strings with a hollow wooden body. Guitars usually have a single, round sound hole in the body. The strings can be strummed with the fingers or plucked. The main parts of a guitar are the body, the fretboard, the headstock, and the strings.
Types of Guitars
1. Acoustic Guitar
These types of guitars are often called Classical Guitars also. Most of the new beginners start with this guitar only. They are reasonably priced. Constructed by the hollow body. Sound in these guitars is produced by natural resonance.
2. Electric Guitar
The Electric Guitars are great for playing amplified music and playing in a band setup. Their body is built with solid wood. They have inbuilt control for volume and tone. The sound in this type of guitars is produced by plugging into an amplifier.
Best Guitars For Beginners In India
1. Yamaha F310, 6-Strings Acoustic Guitar, Natural
In the list of best guitars for beinners in India this guitar from Yamaha comes at first place. Yamaha F310 is an excellent quality instrument. Its dreadnought style body provides a loud acoustic tone with comfortable playability. The handling comfort of the slightly reduced body depth and intermediate scale length will be particularly appreciated by younger players. This Guitar can last up to many years for average consumers. This guitar provides a very good value for its price and that makes it a best guitar for beginners in India.
- Item weight – 2.4 Kg.
- It is precision manufactured and hand-finished to exacting ISO standards and offers the same focus on quality, design and sound as all Yamaha acoustics
- The F310 consists of a spruce top, back and sides are Meranti, a Nato neck and a rosewood fretboard
2. Fender SA-150 Acoustic Guitar
Fender SA-150 is a full-size steel-string acoustic that offers big sound at a small price. The built quality is really nice and strong enough to stand up to everyday use. This guitar also features scalloped bracing, mahogany neck and a durable dark-stained maple fingerboard to give you an instrument that looks as good as it sounds. It is easy to play that make it an idle choice for best guitar for beginners in India.
- Item weight -2.72 Kg.
- Scalloped “X”-bracing, mahogany neck and a durable dark-stained maple fingerboard
- Slim, easy-to-play neck
- Full-bodied dreadnought tone
3. Yamaha F310 TBS 6-String Acoustic Guitar
This is the guitar I will recommend you to look for if you a budget of around 10 thousand. The guitar looks very classy and the built quality is good. It is comfortable to play and hold. It can easily last for 10 years if you take proper care of it. I can probably say that there is no other guitar in this budget that can match its performance.
- Item weight – 2.44 Kg.
- Body depth: 96-116 mm (3 3/4-inch-4 9/16-inch).
- Finger board width (nut/body): 43 millimeters (1-11/16-inch).
- Top material: Spruce ; Its dreadnought style body provides loud acoustic tone with comfortable playability.
4. Yamaha Classical Guitar C40//02
This is one of the true classical guitars from Yahama. It is the number one selling guitar on Amazon in the classical guitar category. The C40II might be one of Yamaha’s most inexpensive full-size classical models, but its quality and tone are outstanding. It is built with quality material for simple, stable and reliable tuning. One of the best good looking guitar in this list of best guitars for beginners in India.
C40II was voted winner of the best-stringed instrument by listeners in 2011.
- Item weight – 1.5 Kg.
- Meranti body wood.
- Spruce top.
- 22.8-inch scale length.
- Dovetail neck joint.
5. Yamaha FS100C Acoustic Guitar
Yamaha FS100C Guitar is almost the same as Yamaha Fs310 but the only difference you will see is in the design and in sound. The built quality is good. The sound quality is average but not that bad. The guitar is idle for fingerstyle playing.
- Item weight – 5.31 Kg.
- Quality and tone, Number of Frets: 21.
- Share every bit of the passion that ignites our premium ranges.
- Perfect instrument for student or seasoned player alike.
6. Yamaha C 40 6 Strings Classical Guitars
Yet another classical guitar from Yahama. This guitar is on the sixth spot in our list of best guitars for beginners in India because of its price. It is a complete acoustic guitar package for beginners. The guitar is constructed with Indonesian mahogany on the back and sides and spruce on the top. The tone is natural, frets are spacious, strings don’t stay too high and don’t buzz even if you play the low strings with all your might.
- Item weight – 2.31 Kg.
- Complete acoustic guitar package for beginners.
- Constructed of Indonesian mahogany on the back and sides and spruce on the top.
- Javanese rosewood fingerboard with 19 frets.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
7. Fender SA105CEBK Acoustic Guitar
This is the second guitar from Fender in our list of best guitars for beginners in India. It is a perfect guitar for the intermediate level guitarist as well as for beginners. The sound quality is of the ones which are of the higher-end guitar. The Fishman pickup is worth it.
- Item weight – 3.54 Kg.
- Fingerboard: Rosewood; 20 frets; Rosewood bridge with compensierter Stegeinlage.
- Die cast tuners; Scale: 643 mm.
- Nut Width: 43 mm; Fishman Isys-T pickup system with integrated tuner.
8. Ibanez MD39C-NT Acoustic Guitar
It is ‘Amazon Choice’ guitar. Ibanez is a Japanese guitar brand owned by Hoshino Gakki. Based in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan. Action is just great for beginners. Overall built quality is very good.
It is a very good choice if you have a low budget but need the best performance.
- Item weight – 2.65 Kg.
- Type – acoustic guitar with cutaway.
- Fingerboard material – rosewood.
- Top – spruce.
- Number of frets – 20.
- Number of strings – 6.
9. Vault ST1RW Strat Style Electric Guitar
This is the first electric guitar in the list of best guitars for beginners in India. This guitar from Vault guitar used double action truss rod, which is only available is top electric guitars. The guitar also offers the advantage of adjusting the guitar for humid as well as dry climates.
The truss rod of the guitar can be tightened in both directions and the reverse warp dreaded by guitarists, which causes string buzzing, can easily be fixed.
- Item weight – 3.37 Kg.
- Sycamore Body.
- Maple neck.
- Rosewood fretboard.
- Whammy Bar.
10. Fender Squier Bullet Fat Stratocaster 6-Strings Electric Guitar
Last in our list of best guitars for beginners in India is simply one of the best looking guitar on this list. The guitar has very good built quality. It has very minor quibble the G-tuner screw which needs to be re-tuned every other day – still much better than many other comparable guitars.
Must look out for this electric guitar even if you are beginner or even experienced and want the fender experience for a low price point – look no further.
- Item weight – 4.58 Kg.
- Number of Frets: 21, Fret Size: Medium Jumbo.
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard, Five-way pickup switch.
- Bridge pickup: Standard humbucking.
What to look in a Best Guitars For Beginners in India
The cheaper the price the cheaper the quality guitar it will be. Never buy guitar below 5 thousand they all sound like a toy and the built quality is worst.
The best guitar brands in India are Yahama, Fender, and Ibanez so try to choose guitar form these brands it will help you in future if you find any problem with your guitar.
There are mainly three types of sizes in guitars that are small, medium-sized, and full-sized. Go for the size which suits you best because if you choose the wrong size it will be difficult for you to handle the guitar.
This is the most important factor you should consider while buying a guitar. I would suggest if you are a beginner then go for a guitar with thin strings because it will be easy for you to play.
Guitar Built Quality
It will be better if you consider buying a guitar which is built of solid wood because solid wood lasts for long while loose wood guitars last only for 3-4 months.
Common mistakes that people do while buying guitars
A lot of beginners select a guitar based on its appearance or the design of a specific brand. In fact numerous people often buy a guitar and not even try to test it by playing it. This may work however there are several factors to be considered.
For example, you may want to think about the best type of guitar for you, and the material it was made from. Also, you may want to check if you can properly grip the instrument especially during playing.
1. Selecting the wrong guitar for your type of sound
Most primary types of guitar sound very different from each other – the electric guitar, the acoustic guitar, and the classical guitar.
Guitars vary and are best suited for your type of music. So naturally to avoid this mistake, you should ensure that the guitar which you finally purchased suits your style and type of music.
2. Selecting a guitar that has numerous features
Many first-time guitar buyers are basic level guitar players, but however, they tend to purchase a guitar with numerous features.
Typically, why a guitar with so many features is good, none of the more advanced features are essentially something you need at a basic level.
3. Buying a guitar because of the brand name
Naturally, people make this mistake a lot. There are specific guitar brands that are meant for guitar players with a certain level of guitar playing skills. For beginners typically, the brand names to consider are the likes of Yamaha, Alvarez, and Taylor.
Whereas for the more experienced hands you should be looking at Ibanez, Fender, or Gibson. Alternatively, if you are looking at the pricing of the guitars, some less popular brands could still give you the required quality for a lower price.
4. Buying a guitar because of the cheap price
Naturally, as with every other buyer, your budget is going to affect the choice of your guitar during purchase. And as expected guitars come with a broad range of prices.
While some guitars are available and cheap, it is important to know that inexpensive guitars could be difficult to keep to the tune of the music in addition to the quality of the sound not being what you need.
5. Buying a guitar that has incorrect strings
Guitar strings are essential because their vibrations are what create the music that is being heard. If the strings are not able to be moved in the needed way while you play, then you know that you need a different string. Guitar strings range from the lighter gauges (which are friendly for beginners) to the heavier gauges (which are more difficult for beginners).
Therefore, when purchasing your guitar you need to consider the right strings for your skill level as well as other essential factors like the instrument and your style of play.
6. Letting a sales representative to choose one for you
Whereas the sales representative can be knowledgeable about guitars, they might not have one that is right for you. And the thing about sales representatives is that as salesmen they are mandated to make a sale at all costs. To them, they always have a solution that may be far from the case.
So, they may end up giving you the wrong instrument even though its quality is guaranteed and it comes with numerous features.
7. Buying a guitar at shops where they do not accept returned items
Mostly, when purchasing a guitar you are meant to ask the dealer if they accept returned items, just in the event the item may end up not being for you.
If their return policy is an open one, then you can exercise less due diligence. If the guitar is purchased over the internet you might be asked to pay the fee for return shipping. Therefore in a nutshell: you should be aware of the policy of return for any online seller or store to avoid potential conflicts later on.
Frequently Asked Questions about Guitars
1. Should I buy an electric or an acoustic guitar?
This is a matter of personal choice. If your favorite entertainers play acoustic guitars and you love the sound, then you probably would want an acoustic guitar. An electric guitar is easier to play but your endurance and finger strength is improved with the acoustic.
Electrics generally are more expensive at the beginner level but when you get into pro-line guitars the cost is about the same.
2. What size pick should I use?
You should experiment with different styles of picks and find one the feels right for you. I prefer a medium to heavy gauge with the traditional shape. I never recommend thin picks. They tend to be floppy and hard to control.
Thick picks tend to be noisy when you are strumming chords. I like the nylon picks instead of plastic because they don’t break and they have a texture that is easy to grip. I use the Herco flex 75.
3. How do I know when it’s time to change strings?
If the strings have a dull color, sound dead, muted, or are hard to tune, then it’s time to change them. Many beginners don’t realize their strings are dead until they hear how good their guitar.
How You Should Care For Your Guitar
1. Don’t leave your guitar in the car for several hours in hot and cold weather.
2. After playing your guitar wipe up the strings and put the cover on it.
3. Your strings will last much longer if you clean them after every use.
4. Change the Strings regularly.
5. Keep your Guitar Humidified.
Interesting Guitar Facts
1. The First Guitar was Created in Ancient Egypt.
2. The Most Expensive Guitar Ever Sold, Cashed Out For A Whopping $2.8million!
3. Gibson Made the Most Luxurious Guitar of All Time.
4. The Shortest Guitar is Just 10 Microns!
5. Ibanez Added the seventh and eighth strings.
6. The oldest guitar-like instrument is 3500 years old.
7. Fender manufactures nearly 90,000 strings a day.
8. Jimi Hendrix composed “Little Wing” in only 145 seconds.
9. The first electric guitar created in 1931.
10. The most famous guitars are 6 and 12 strings.
Best Guitar Brands in India
The company was founded in 1887 by Torakusu Yamaha, with a mission of expanding the ownership of personal musical instruments. Yamaha is the most popular brand in guitar in the world as well as in India also.
They started manufacturing guitars in 1940 and began exporting them to the world in 1966. Yahama is also known for producing the best guitars for beginners in India.
The brand is also no stranger to innovation in the guitar space. For example, 2017 saw the launch of the TransAcoustic guitar—a unique new category of hybrid acoustic guitar offering onboard reverb effects to provide a more engaging and inspiring playing experience.
As you check out 5 out of 10 guitars in this list of best guitars for beginners in India are from Yahama.
The company is owned by Hoshino Gakki. It is based in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan, Hoshino Gakki and it was one of the first Japanese musical instrument companies to gain a significant foothold in import guitar sales in the United States and Europe as well as in India.
They sell electric and acoustic guitars and basses and other stringed instruments such as ukuleles, mandolins, and banjos. In addition, they offer guitar and bass amplifiers and a range of other related accessories.
Founded in Fullerton, California, by Clarence Leonidas “Leo” Fender in 1946. The headquarters of the company are in Scottsdale, Arizona. Fender is an American manufacturer of stringed instruments and amplifiers. It is one of the best brands for producing the best electric guitars for beginners in India.
Fender produces acoustic guitars, bass amplifiers, and public address equipment, but is best known for its solid-body electric guitars and bass guitars, particularly the Stratocaster, Telecaster, Precision Bass, and the Jazz Bass.
Watch Some Awesome Guitar Players
1. Amin Toofani
2. Sungha Jung
Final Words for Best Guitars for Beginners in India
1. If you are very new and have a low budget then I would highly recommend you to go for
2. If you have a good budget then go for
3. If you need some professional type of guitar and have a good budget then go for
4. Looking to purchase Electric guitar as a beginner then go for
Still Confused about what to choose?
Ask from Our Experts
Thank You For Checking our list of Best Guitars for Beginners in India.